Saturday, November 19, 2022

ANGUISHEDWIRES: Music Post

Conflicting schedules seem posed to draw the ANGUISHEDWIRES game to a premature end. However, on a more positive note I found some music to fill out the areas mellon left out in his original post.

The Antlings didn't have an ambient-combat divide for their music. I thought Taitoki's track felt pretty "fighty," so I went looking for something more laid back. I felt Clovis' Soft Infinity for LISA: The Pointless was a good track for moving around in a giant ant hive.

Pegora the Ogre mage didn't have any music at all, which was a shame. I'd given him an exaggerated deep voice and a larger-than-life personality (like a lot of mellon's NPCs) that fit Grim Fandango's Swanky Maximino for reasons I annoyingly can't put into words. In the off chance that someone decides to pick a fight with him, there's Tom Wait's Knife Chase. It's an intense track and it always made me feel like something big and heavy was shlepping after you. They also both have brass instruments. If there are two themes for one person, place, or idea, I like them to be similar to each other.

1 comment:

  1. It's because Swanky Maximo is the theme song for a fat crime lord who controls people through debt bondage.

    ReplyDelete